heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Tuesday
the tough decision coming to a close
Recalling my post a few months ago about my dog's condition, today, i have made the decision. However much i hate to decide on such issues, i knew that i'm the only one in the family who's willing to say anything about it.

After a few deep breaths, i picked up the phone and dialed my Vet's number. A lady picked up on the other line and i jumped straight to the question, trying hard to sound brave (yes, sometimes i hate being seen as weak), "I've taken my dog in to see the vet a few times. She's got cancer, and it's progressing really quickly. She's in pain, and isn't coping well anymore. I'm considering euthanasia and i want to enquire about the options."

The kind receptionist over the phone gave me a calm spiel, assuring me that the procedure is incredibly painless, i quote, and simply an overdose of general anaesthetic with which Lucki will literally fall asleep. She informed me on the packages they offered, the costs and the opportunity for me to be present at the time of euthanasia. I didn't reply to that one - I'm considering being by her side as she leaves me, but i don't know whether i can handle the pain, considering that tears are welling up as i'm typing this out.

I don't know what i'm supposed to be feeling nor what i'm supposed to do. Please enlighten me.
posted by sciurine @ 5:24 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Jingo said…

    You must be going through a tough time. Having little experience with such matters, I can only tell you to do what you think is right, which probably won't help you very much.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger sciurine said…

    Thanks jingo =) zi must admit i've already shed tears over the whole dilemma. It hurts me to think that she'll be gone forever, but it hurts me even more when i see her in pain and almost gasping for air when i pet her. I know it must be done, but i just wish i didn't have to do it alone. I'm considering taking her in next week.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Miao 妙 said…

    Feel happy for her. She's free.

    Sometimes I love animals more than I love humans.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    thanks miao, in hind sight, one part of me rejoices in the fact that she's rested in peace, but the other side of me wants her back so badly.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER