heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Sunday
just a fix
Have you ever realised what you think about in the process of cutting your nails? I love cutting my nails. I think of nothing but cutting them off one by one, knowing that you can repeat the process in a month’s time. Satisfying, indeed. Same goes for painting my nails.

Anyway…

I felt like a complete idiot today walking to the park, and losing my way down my local backstreets to my local park wasn’t one of them. I ran into (literally) one of my old workmates from maccas, whom I had always assumed was Vietnamese. I learn today, four years down the track, that he is actually Cambodian. What an idiot I must’ve been during those shifts when I blurted out the few random Viet words that I know to him, and he would respond with a polite nod and smile, sometimes even a laugh. Lesson learnt; never assume someone’s nationality no matter how much resemblance they bear.

It seems like a timely moment to boost my ego after reading his post. I finished off last year with a few of my maths students, thinking that that could potentially be the end of my tutoring career. But within the last week, a student of mine from last year contacted me and asked for a lesson. Then within two more days, I landed myself another two new students, apparently referred to me from external sources. It feels so good to have the upper hand and be able to decide whether to accept or refuse these needy students. *twiddles fingers* And more importantly, decide on the rate at which I would like to be paid at *more twiddling of fingers*

Next.

I wonder if I would return to my weekly swing dancing fix this year. I spent a great deal of money on weekly or even twice weekly dancing sessions last year and have only just recently realised how much that amount accumulates to over the months. But back then, it was a passion and I couldn’t do without. Now, I’m not so sure.

I haven’t danced for almost three months, and yes I miss it and I think about it every now and then, but it seems the burning passion has come to a premature end. I will certainly pay a couple of visits soon to the good old RSL dancing venue, though to make it a religious commitment is questionable. But it seems a waste to give up now. Perhaps after these few visits, the fire will burn again…

Next.

I have a love-hate relationship going on with onions. I love the taste of them on the barbie, love them grilled, fried with meat, love them in tarts, but I can't bear cutting them before hand. They are the most evil vegetables. It's like they mock everyone who wants to eat them - cut me and cry before you can eat me - style. But alleluia! Scientists have finally found a way of removing this tear-inducing enzymatic gene in the onion, but sadly, it'll be another 10-15 years before its can become a common household grocery item. But then I think, onions aren't onions anymore without the tears.
posted by sciurine @ 12:26 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger gneake said…

    it's hallelujah btw.

    lucky you. you dont need to find students because they all come crawling to you, whereas I cam crawling all around to find some. It's hard cos i have nothing to prove myself with, other than a chance that they present me with, which, i don't know whether they are willing to take the chance with... argh.

    anyway remember to look into mraz tix. cos you're in the city.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER