heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Sunday
back
Once you catch the travel bug, it never leaves you. I’ve been away from home for the last two months, backpacking through Nepal, India and Thailand, and as much as I miss Melbourne, my family and friends, laptop, my bed and hot showers, be nothing beats travelling so far. I’m already looking forward to my next trip. Be it not long from now.

It was the best feeling coming home to my family, but sometimes, it sucks to be back. Badly. The day after I got home, enormous loads of laundry were waiting to be done, cargo documents to be organised, and our university timetable is already out. The list goes on. The beaut of travelling is that none of the above need be mentioned. No study, no washing, no organising. Pure freedom.

Needless to mention the beauty of spending in rupees and baht. I don’t ever want to revert back to the Australian dollar. Everything in the supermarkets seems ridiculously overpriced back home. The amount I spent on filling up my tank of petrol yesterday could’ve lasted me an entire month in Nepal. *ugh*

Anyway, in many other ways, it's good to be back.
posted by sciurine @ 11:24 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER