heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
a long night
I open up a blank word document ready for type up a speech for a clinical case presentation on my patient that was due the next day. Given the enormous amount of free time and "self-reflection" time during my clinical days that often turn out to be 3 hour long breaks resting my eyes on a bed, I really should have had this presentation down pat way before the due date, but yeah. I ended up spending an hour running through the speech and was ready to roll right on over into my bed at midnight.

But no, it wasn't as easy as I had thought.

A relatively BIG moth rests in the corner of my high ceiling room. Usually, if this happens, my brother would be on call and the creature would be gladly out of my room in no time. But that night, I was too exhausted and my brother was already fast asleep. Bravely, I tossed over a tried to sleep on the opposite side of my bed with pillows over my head. THen, its wings started to flap rather vigorously at my blinds, making a noise the is twice the decibel in the quiet of the night.

I pulled out my newly bought sleeping bag, zipped myself up, pulled the hood over my head and curled into the corner of my bed. Fine, I thought, I need sleep.

I think I dozed off a few times, but as the alarm went off at 6:30am, I realise how little I had actually slept, and this new tiredness was piled on top of the already tired long nights with plenty of alcohol.

*ugh* Stupid moths.

But thankfully, I'm not a cranky one when I lose sleep - at least i think i'm not - so I trotted happily off to clinics, scored myself a 90% for case presentation and crashed into bed for an early night, without the company of moths.
posted by sciurine @ 12:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER