heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Saturday
terrible end to a good day
i had planned to visit my old workplace just before to do an assessment for my project that is due on monday, which i am yet to make a start on. my car wouldn't start up. bad things happen, so what. with no assistance that can be offered by my family members who all seem to have disappeared enjoying their saturday night life, i called upon the help of whom i thought was a stranger. i approached the car and to my relief, i knew one of the girls in the car. she was my manager once upon a time and my good friend's sister. we did have a great relationship back at work and had always looked out for one another. for a moment, i completely assumed that they could spare 2 minutes to quickly jump start my car for me.

running back to my old magna, resting in the mist of the dark reluctant to fire up, i quickly set up the jumper leads - yes, i now know how to - and approached my "friend" for assistance. To my complete disappointment, she put on an innocent i-really-want-to-but-i-can't facial expression, and coldly refused, reason being that they were in a hurry to get to a party. i backed away from their car and they did a 3-point-turn and cruised the other way.

i have no right to be angry, but i am. perhaps a better word to describe my feelings is utter disappointment. disappointment that someone can't spare a moment to help out. disappointment that that somebody was once a good friend. no longer.
posted by sciurine @ 8:39 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger Jingo said…

    They're only friends until you ask them to make an effort. These kinda people aren't worth the time of day.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    you are too right. if only i had realised that earlier, i wouldn't be so disappointed. Perhaps i should be angry at myself for being so naive.

    It is until to go through the highs and lows with a mate, and you still stand by one another - that is when true friendship shows. I am lucky to have a few of them i hold close to my heart.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER