heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Sunday
reporting from the line
it's worth having a positive outlook on life. a few weeks ago, i could never have said this, but now, i actually feel a tinge of excitement as i await for my 6 week undeserved break i am due to have soon.

i am one of the four unlucky souls within my physiotherapy course who have been forcibly striped of our right to be treated as equally and fairly as the other hundred students in the same course. given the current severity of undergraduate funding for physio students, hospitals are reluctant to accept students and provide for essential training and experience. consequently, as a young, vibrant, and motivated potential physiotherapist who unfortunately bares the surname beginning with "t", i have no other option but to take a 6 week break from uni when no one else is on holidays, and then stay back after the year is completed to do my clinical placement.

i blame the government. i blame the university. i can continuing focusing on the negatives, for this issue really stirs me up even to this very day, but i won't.

i have spent hours surfing through websites with an attempt to build a semi-thought-about plan for the 6 weeks i have off. so far, i have come up with a handful of options, all involving money. i will take up some sort of pilates course, a few weeks worth of gym membership, building up on my current lack of knowledge by hanging out at blockbusters and borders, return to my beloved piano, volunteer my wealth of time to red cross, and possibly fit in some sort of revision. lots to do, but so far two people have doubted my potential in achieving my goals. they should know better. i am stubborn and i have attitude. their doubt fuels my ego, assisting me in my drive to succeed.

maybe i will also spend some of that time sorting out my love life, or there lackof. i don't doubt the laws of gravitational attraction between two planets, mars and venus, but for now, martians drive me nuts. to be just, i probably drive them nuts too. comfort and security can co-exist with fun and excitement, but it seems like i can only choose one or the other.

i love to think that the decision is not on me, but what a fool i'd be, to leave the issue unresolved - again.
posted by sciurine @ 10:43 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER