heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Monday
maybe i'm reading into it too much...
a new email rests in my university email inbox today. a topic titled swedish massage lured me into unleashing the content within. here's what it roughly said:

SWEDISH MASSAGE
Presented by Dr *****
Monday 1-2pm

This hands-on session will focus on demonstrating massage applied in two
ways:
1. Non-therapeutic massage for the development of therapist-patient rapport.
2. Therapeutic massage applied for effects which cannot be achieved as
well by any other treatment procedure.

Throughout the class, attention will be given to related practices: limb
handling, use of powder vs oil, conversation during massage, etc.
To get the most out of the class please bring shorts or appropriate
underwear.

if you still don't quite understand why this email content is worth troubling me into publishing it on my blog, read again.

i always knew us physios can do more than just massage.
posted by sciurine @ 10:02 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    I've never had a massage before. I sometimes think I could do with several.

    You look as though you could do with a comment or several. I know the feeling...

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    ...so here's another. Looks better from the main page though doesn't it?

    I couldn't help noticing you still have the link on your sidebar to my old blog. My new blog is http://mutualinduction.blogspot.com. Whoops I just plugged it - oh well.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger sciurine said…

    Hey Torquer, so sorry about that! I've been so lazy with my blog these couple of months - uni and other commitments are completely tiring me out - but but but...i've got 6 week break coming up very soon, so yeah, blog blog blog!

    And, i've just updated my long overdue link to your new blog!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger gneake said…

    massage is evil. it sucks us into this black hole of expectations because people don't holistically perceive physiotherapists to their full potential, which really annoys the hell out of me and being involved with swedish massage does nothing but perpetuate that perception. ugh.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    consider a capital letter gneake. Then again you never were a stickler for punctuation and grammar.

    Thanks for the updated link Sci. I've just had my six week break, although I didn't spend much time blogging either.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER