heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Tuesday
A wiser return
It has never occurred to me that I had the hidden ability to refrain from blogging for such a long period of time. But here I am, I survived – just.


I had always believed in treating others the way you would like to be treated. I am an idealist. The world seen through my eyes is one filled with colours, love and compassion. I fail to see the other side – perhaps; it’s more that I refuse to look into it too deeply. I know perfectly well that bad things happen to people; unprovoked attacks, torture, murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, you name it; but at the age of 20, I still struggle to comprehend how people can treat others in such a way, and how such things can happen so close to home.

Wake me up. I am too naïve for the real world. Being too naïve, too trusting, too friendly, is a perfect recipe for being hurt in this dangerous world. I have learnt my lesson, and I am grateful for this lesson did not cost me too much. Nothing would’ve awakened me otherwise – and for that I am strangely happy.

Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
posted by sciurine @ 1:22 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER