heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
posting for the sake of posting
for the past three weeks, i had broken my weekly swing dancing ritual owing to chilly Melbourne nights. last night, i picked it back up, but the swing scene wasn't the same this time round. the club was a lot quieter, tamed and for the first time, the dance floor accommodated every dancer there so that there were no head/boob/ankle bashing.

i watched the dancers strut their moves on the roomy dance floor. every move seemed foreign to me, despite the fact that i have been a swing dancer for over 12 months. i felt like a beginner all over again, too afraid to get up, too afraid to hit the dance floor. but how could one refuse a dance when offered? first dance, i lost count, no rhythm, bad coordination and essentially, a being a terrible follow. my high spirits were further dampened by the very fact that i had only just recently spent $95 on a day of swing workshops. i need practice.

i sat back in the passenger seat of the car on my way home, pondering over the cause of the pain in my arms and shoulders. my body is used to swing moves and shouldn't cause me pain, particularly after a relatively light night. it took me a while until i finally worked out the culprit: Wii. i had been playing nintendo Wii till two o'clock in the morning the night before.

whilst the imaginative mind that invented the Wii deserves my full admiration, i would not consider myself a strong advocate of it, nonetheless, it does make it onto my list of past time activities. there are 5 different sporting games to choose from: golf, baseball, boxing, tennis and bowling. i rotated through all five in two hours, and pulled up the next morning with a painful right shoulder and left elbow, and i was merely simulating boxing moves. with video/computer games, i believe it's a successful game only if it stimulates the dopaminergic pathway in human brains. that is, if it gets me hooked on it. Wii fails in this respect.

onto the contrary, The Sims never fails to excite me. suited to those of creative minds and those who get kicks out of controlling someone else's life, it is a pc game where you design, build a house and a family, then take them through life. you get them a job, make money, go on vacations, buy pets and make love and eventually pop out a kid. and when you get sick of controlling a particular character, building a four walled brick compartment in which to enclose a sim is a simple solution to rid them. i am excited just talking about it. but i shouldn't get myself too hyped over it 'cause for some reason i can't bloody find the original cd rom, which means, i need to resort to the lengthy wait of ares download. *grunts*
posted by sciurine @ 12:33 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER