heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Wednesday
suggestions, please!
I'm not normally someone who struggles to put a pen to paper, aside from during university lectures and exams, but tonight it just doesn't seem to do it for me. I've spent the last 20 minutes scrounging around for ideas on how to write a damn resignation letter to my reception job. So far i've come up with this;

Dear M/J,

I am writing to inform you of my resignation.

Yours truly,


What else should i put in the letter? I mean, i've known my managers and supervisors too well and for too long to be writing something over-the-top formal, but i don't want to make it so casual that the letter is just some fluff.

Suggestions as to how i should approach this seemingly easy yet overly difficult task, would be kindly appreciated.
posted by sciurine @ 7:48 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger tngying said…

    Hello Liane! (: Of course I remember you! Haha. I haven't exactly had the time or money to get down to swinging. Hehe. But you should be having fun hey? See yah around! (:

     
  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger ldbug said…

    could put in "I've appreciated the opportunity to work at your company. At this time I am pursuing .... " ???

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said…

    first of all, thank you for stopping by at my blog. The layout and quotes of your blog is.. mindblowingly deep - me likey!!!

    Ok back to the letter. Well what's the reason? I'm with Idbug on this - you have to be very polite and chose your word carefully, cuz who knows, you might need to use them as a reference or reapply to another position at the same company - don't burn your bridges.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    tngying: hey! finance and time limitations: every uni student can relate to those too well =( Yeah, swing dancing is awesome, but missed the last couple of weeks 'cause of exams. Back on the dancefloor this week!

    Idbug: thanks for your suggestion =) yeah, it's probably most sincere if i let them know why i decided to leave.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    Crashdummies: Thanks =)

    I certainly don't want to burn my bridges with them, 'cause it's rather likely that i'll become colleagues with them when i finish my degree. I decided to quit, however, to get more hands-on physiotherapy experience with a local football club instead, and juggling the two will be too much. Thanks for your suggestions, certainly keep them in mind!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER