heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Monday
strong believer of retail therapy
I would believe that most females out there would understand the significance of calming one self through the therapeutic use of what we like to refer to as retail therapy. I am no doubt a strong believer in such remedy, but like ice, such benefits are often costly and are accompanied by post-therapeutic adverse reactions.

I resigned at the clinic on Friday, which means i will need to start saving for my overseas trip by cleverly tucking away every penny i now earn from sports training alone. Which also essentially means that i need to learn to stop finding ridiculous excuses for spontaneous shopping sprees. But similar to breaking up, where you have one last kiss, or when you indulge yourself in a one last drink at a pub before you leave, i figure it will be no harm pampering myself one last time before embarking on my penurious journey.

It would be balantly obvious that i am lying if i told you i simply wanted to enjoy the shopping experience and had no mission in mind. Oh, i had a mission all right. I wanted to find some black boots suitable for clinics. Like a strong women on a mission, i thought i could march my way pass all other retail outlets and reach Sandlers Shoe Shop without being distracted. But my ego got the better of me, and i surrendered to the ever-so-tempting clothes outlets, that i could swear were whispering come in, come in to me. I ended up using my "savings" card twice that day, and all the cash i had on me, which accumulated to an unspeakable amount.

As overwhelmingly exciting that experience was, reality smacked me in the face when i got home. I realised i had to put in for mum's 50th birthday present, which was a three digit number. Then to pay for a damned police check for clinics, birthday presents, meanwhile, realising my petrol tank was running low. Sometimes i wished i thought more of consequences before diving into the deep end. But alas, what's done 'tis done. I wonder if it is ever worth paying such a hefty fee for a mere three hours of therapy, only to suffer enormous adverse effects afterwards. Just like a foot massage, where you indulge in an over-priced 15 minutes worth plantar fascia release, only to walk out with the recently pampered feet, hike to the train station and stand for the whole ride back home, only to find that your feet are aching again. Nonetheless, i am in desperate need of one - really.

Onto another point, we went out to celebrate mum's 50th tonight, with a rather expensive and scrumptous dinner. Only took photos of some dishes 'cause i think the chef thought i was stealing his recipe ideas...






Most interesting dish of the night was by far, this deep-fried taro-wrapped duck with mushroom sauce. oh yummy.

posted by sciurine @ 12:11 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    Shopping does give you a good sense of satisfaction - until you see your latest bank statement.

    By the way, that deep fried mushroom thing sounds utterly disgusting.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER