heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Wednesday
mind over matter
I think i'm beginning to understand and partially believe in the psychological model of health. When you really put your mind to something, no matter how difficult or overwhelming it may seem, you will achieve it. That is something i proved to myself this weekend.

I don't know what came over me when i decided to embark on the 15.2km run over bridges, under tunnels and on freeways, instead of the comfortable 3.4km scenic route around a shady park. I think it's your fault, but for that i guess i need to thank you.

Having never ever trying to run so far in my life, i was nervous, anxious, dreading yet excited as Sunday approached. Three years ago, i barely made it to the finish line of a 1.6km run, which for me, was a half jog-half walk exercise in high school phys ed classes. I told myself that i'd be happy if i made it to the 10km mark, then walked the rest, but alas, when you start you don't want to stop. With 26,000 other runners beside you, an enormous wave of motivation and encouragement flow right through you, and with it, you feel no pain and no fatigue. As you can probably tell, i was estatic with my result, not because of how i placed or how quickly i ran, but simply the overwhelming satisfaction knowing that i completed the race. It was more of a self-rewarding experience.

Time: 1:32.00
Placing: 2925 of 14,123 females

Here's some pictures to illustrate the magnificent event i was once a part of:


Runners starting their watches


The other 26,000 await the green light


A kilometre out of this tunnel, a row of men emptied their bladders against the citylink tollway wall. If only i had a camera on me!


A long unhill climb onto Bolte Bridge


Not long to the finish line


A kids stroll in the park; a mother's lengthy run

A minor contribution of $34 each, but a major effort. We raised AU$536,369 for the Good Friday Appeal for Royal Children's Hospital!
posted by sciurine @ 6:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER