heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Thursday
the mall never fails to excite me
Today was supposed to be my study day. Key word: was. But unfortunately i tend always to be highly excitable and easily persuaded, and my study took place in the myer instead - how tiring study can be!

I am a strong believer in retail therapy, however, as with all other remedies, there are certain criteria that must be met before it becomes of therapeutic use.

1) Be accompanied by a good friend.
2) Have a relatively heavy wallet, or
3) A loaded credit card
4) Time

Meeting two of the four criteria listed above is the minimum threshold upon where you get therapeutic benefits. Tonight is night shopping night in the city, so finishing uni at 3:30pm gave me plenty of shopping time, however, unfortunate as this may sound, time is no luxury when you are in a course like physiotherapy. So criteria 4 - out.

Needless to say criteria 2 and 3 are simply for rich people unlike myself.

So, i failed to reach threshold. In fact, even the tinniest excitement of being in the mall was harshly dampened when i tried on so many dresses, only to find that the one i like had to be the most expensive one. Prices ranged from AU$35 to AU$160. I liked the $160 one. It's no good having expensive taste these days when you have such a limited budget.

I always envy those who win $2000 cash for a shopping spree on radio broadcasts. Just sit back and imagine. *sighs* if only.
posted by sciurine @ 8:09 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Jingo said…

    Can't stand retail therapy... Who needs high streets when you've got Amazon and Ebay?

    Oh and could you please change your link to my new blog? Thanks!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    I'm not an eBay junky, but sometimes I wish I was. I just can't stand other people getting in the way of me and being rude.

    I had a bad experience in town today

    New blog looks nice Jingo.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    jingo, you are yet to experience the great thrill of retail therapy!!!

    of course i can update your link ;)

    Torquer, i agree that i hate crowds, but sometimes the crowded shops have the good, affordable stuff. If i had enough money, i would hire out a shopping centre for one night and trash the place.

    Funny post =)

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Torquer said…

    It always pays to hunt for the bargains. I find them inside the back of the deepest, most decrepit shops in the city. It's were I found that squashed packet of tofu I got Jingo for his birthday.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER