heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Monday
just another plain old day
In comparison to last year's new years, this year sucked. In fact, more precisely, this year's festive season seemed a little dull to me. Nothing interesting, nothing exciting.

They say you don't need alcohol to have a good time, but yesterday, i think i could've done with just a tad in my system to stop the squirrel in my attic from rattling. To be honest, i'm just glad i didn't spend it by myself at home slouched on the couch, watching the count down and listening to the popping of champagne bottles in my neighbouring households.

A few months ago, i had grand plans for what was supposed to be a very special day today at the back of my mind. Sometimes, it's bad to make plans for the future, or sometimes, it's silly to even think too far ahead, for who knows what lies just around the corner, and the more excited you get over your plans, the more painful it is to see it fail. Today, i woke up at noon, lying in bed watching the ceiling in silence, feeling, hmm..i guess a little depressed. Time by yourself means time to think; and time to think is bad. So i picked up a Time magazine and immersed myself in some intellectual discussion about politics and the media. Rather boring i must admit, but it did help me past time. What a glorious start to the new year, but i'm certain it's uphill from here.

Most exciting thing this new year?

One, driving home at night without prescription glasses, straining my eyes so much that they ended up watering by the end of my fifteen minute trip. Two, receiving an overseas phone call from a friend i miss very much.

Chin up soldiers =)
posted by sciurine @ 9:21 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jingo said…

    It gets duller as you get older... then it picks up after a certain age (I have yet to figure out what age that is).

    Feeling depressed? I'm sure everyone goes through that phase near the New Year. Hopefully it's only brief

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    Thanks jingo =) Well i certainly hope that age is soon...

    I guess depressed is an exaggeration on my behalf, i mean, i still go out, have fun and all else, but it's just those quiet times by myself that i seem to think a lot. It's strange, coz i go through stages of being really upset and down, then suddenly i tell myself i don't care anymore, then i go on hoping and being positive. I blame it on hormones.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Jingo said…

    I can totally relate to how you're feeling. It is the hormones, it must be surely?

    I also blame being intellectual, when do you ever see the ignorant thinking? ;)

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger sciurine said…

    hehe...rub it in! I'm just being a silly idiot thinking so much when i really shouldn't be. I'm sure everyone goes through this stage, so i like to think that i'm not alone =)

    New year, fresh start, i say to myself. But it hasn't been quite as i want it to be, so i'll just give myself to chinese new year instead, whenever that is...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER