heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
work as a receptionist
Today at work, everyone seemed a lot happier; patients, physio and receptionists. Perhaps the festive season not only brings forth food and pressies, but it magically brightens up everyone's mood. Patients were more pleasant to deal with, physios were slightly more talkative, as for me, i'm generally a happy one anywho.

I walked in today with a bottle of white shiraz and a bottle of browns brothers wine. However much i would have loved to keep them for myself, i decided to give them as a gift to my manager, Michael, and supervisor, Jacinta. With my current lack of income and over-expenditure, i couldn't quite afford purchasing everyone else a present. As i walked into the clinic, i was silently hoping that Richard would be in the treating rooms and Jacinta and Michael out at front desk. Simply to avoid awkwardness that may arise if i gave them two a present but not him. But again, Murphy's Law; Richard was sitting at his desk showing Jacinta his christmas presents. Great.

I guess there wasn't much to be afraid of; except if Richard decides to give me someting and i don't have anything for him. He's such a nice character that he wouldn't careless if he didn't receive anything. At the end of our shift, with a kind hug and kiss on the cheek, we departed the clinic. Speaking of which, i rejected one a couple of days ago - long, slightly frightening story.

Anywho, so far i've lasted a year and two months at the same workplace, with the same people. Somehow i find that really scary, seeing that i landed myself this job was an accident in the first place...

Over a year ago, still a young first year physio student only eighteen years of age, i ventured out into the CBD desperately searching for jobs that would free me of McDonald's. I was at the stage where i could no longer handle the Maccas' employees and managers, but needed to sustain myself financially at university. So i picked up tutoring year 12 maths and another medical centre receptionist job. City Baths had advertised for a receptionist willing to commit to 15-20hours of casual work; and time was not a luxury i had back then - nor now. But fortunately, curiosity befell and my inner desire to find out whether i could get that job made to drop off my resume to Jacinta. At that stage, i had already found a receptionist job at another medical clinic, thus i took this one more like a test for myself; hardly putting any effort into the interview, but destiny had it, they offered me a job and fewer hours to suit my uni workload. A year and a bit on, i'm still here - sitting, greeting patients, filing, answer phone calls, billing, talking and surfing the net. The most strenuous task i have ever had to do was probably pulling a heat pack out of a hydroculator with tongs, or maybe filling up small bottles with ultrasound gel. How can i not be happy with such a simple well paid casual job?
posted by sciurine @ 9:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER