heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Saturday
motor patterns revisited
Back in Year 9 and 10, out of the 50 odd students who tried out for the badminton team, i was one of the 8 who were selected to represent the college. Not to gloat, but i managed to win the champion's medal both years. I was praised and respected and they needed me, blah blah blah, and no-one actually spent the time to teach and coach me. All i needed to do was aim and hit the cock and dive for it when desperate.

It was yesterday that i realised that "it's a big world afterall..."

I always knew that there's a lot of skill involved in badminton, but not that much! I had to brainwash my badminton motor control center and re-install my new motor patterns taught by the most respectable coach. There were moments where i felt like an absolute baby to the sport, felt so lost and uncoordinated. Usually, i hate that feeling, but it was strangely different yesterday. I enjoyed learning, i was patient and i was quite overwhelmed by the fact that someone like her actually taught me ten times more stuff than spending 2 years on the school badminton team.
I sucked at first, i missed the cock. You see me lift up my racquet, aim intently, opposite fist tightly clenched, ready for the shot, but then you hear the "whoosh." The cock bounces off the ground and lands beside you. One third of you feels embrassed, the other third tells you that you suck, and the final third pushes you to keep trying. For those of you who know me well, i'm not someone who gives up easily with anything. I kept persisting, kept learning and kept trying. And i can proudly say i did it. Not perfectly, but i did it. I get so much satisfaction from achieving small goals like that.

Well, finally, i guess i should thank her.
posted by sciurine @ 6:49 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger gneake said…

    well it seems that she can handle cock better than you do.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Requiem of Eternity said…

    well, although thanks to her, my technique's better, but I pulled up so sore the next day. I think I pulled my right lats or something...
    hmmm, all thanks to her

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Prioroftheori said…

    Hey hey hey! Be nice to the guy who will once again smash that cock right into the middle of your face as I will do so! Play nice and play fair, tut tut you two.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    oh we'll see about that! I think i can work some magic into that cock now that i've had some practice and coaching. Bring it on...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER