heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Wednesday
sunny day equals a sunny mood
I'm so proud of myself for taking a few hours off sleeping yesterday and rock up to uni to tutor some apparantly disadvantaged kids. I have no idea why kids are supposedly 'disadvantaged' since they appear to be nicely dressed, they've got all the textbooks and checkpoints, they've got us volunteers for free one-on-one tutoring and a full day of free lectures. Ironically, if anything, i think they are actually advantaged due to being disadvantaged. If they're classified as disadvantaged, i think the majority of melbourne secondary colleges are also under such category, except of course, the handful of rich schools like scotch college, melbourne gammar etc etc. Oh maybe i'm just blind.

Anywho, for some reason, i rocked up at 11am just to find myself sitting in the computer lab and blogging for over an hour before i was actually needed. I have no idea why i bothered to run for the damn train in the first place. Oh well. So 12:15pm came and we took a few students into a tutorial room. Since there was an abundance of kind-hearted volunteer tutors, these kids actually ended up getting an hour of one on one tutoring. So this kid, simon, asked me to help me.

I sat down with him.
Simon: "Do this question for me. Don't look at the answer,'coz i want to see how you do it."
Me: eyes widened, a little shocked, and half frustrated, i'm volunteering here goddamnit, learn a bit of respect and politeness i thought, though i couldn't be bothered and just blurted out "ok."

The more i helped him, the more demanding he became. Seriously, there's less than a month to go till his exams, and this boy knows almost nothing. He doesn't even know how to draw a hyperbole! Btw, he wants to get into pharmacy. I know this is so mean, but honestly, i think my brother has a much bigger chance than this kid, sorry to say.

I'm a little cut i didn't get the free T-shirt that said S*W*O*T on it, but i think the free turkey subway made up for it.

New topic. Same day.

Rocked up to work half an hour earlier than usual. A very clever move. Spent 3/4s of an hour chatting away until i was sent off to the bank, the new clinic and Big W for some shopping. Could've been a very average shift, but thankfully, i bumped into someone on my way out of work. So after banking, instead of heading straight to the clinic, i decided to 'accidently' stroll into ghetto and have a quick shoe scan. I so need to revisit that shop sometime soon.

Next stop was the new clinic at QV which i needed to drop off some mail. But since the practice manager insisted to take my buddy and i on a tour, i couldn't possibly resist wasting more precious working time. Took roughly 10mins and it was a damn good tour, though the only thing was, i felt so unprofressional. No, not because i was getting paid to do nothing, but because of how i dressed and having to stroll in with a mate. I had black pants and shoes and my peach coloured jacket which happened to have its collar half-popped up. In contrast, the receptionist wore a very neat navy coloured uniform with medical one embroided on the front pocket and her hair gelled back tightly. Oh, the feeling of inferiority.

I must say, i'm generally very very good with shopping. Particularly impulse buys. But this time, shopping for the clinic was a little different. I spent a good long time picking and tossing up baskets after baskets; too small, too big, spikey balls won't fit, too big to fit in cupboard, too ugly i can't bare to buy... oh, decisions, decisions.

Before heading back, i decided to 'accidently' walk into breadtop and pick up an almond custard twist. Delicious. So yeah, i was paid almost $30 for doing all of that hard work. Damn i'm a hard worker.

Speaking of bread, i have a craving for it. I love the smell of bakeries. Yum.
posted by sciurine @ 6:55 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER