heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
shortcuts to happiness
I don't particularly fancy Hillary Duff's voice, but the lyrics from her song Why not? truly reaches out and touches my heart:


Think you're going nowhere, walking down the street,
Acting like you just don't care, but life could be so sweet...
So walk a little slower, and open up your eyes,
Sometimes it's so hard to see, the good things passing by...


Though the world maybe in chaos and disorder, i really think if we all take the time to just open up our eyes and see its beauty, life can be very sweet. Today, something amazing happened to me.

My life has been turned upside-down and back upright over and over these couple of weeks; at times i felt so low i just wanted to brace myself and pray that my mind would stop working, and other times, i undergo selective amnesia and immerse myself in a sea of happiness and merriment.

You may recall the post i wrote last friday when i was at work, where i had to wear glasses to cover up my post-emotional-outburst eyes. Apparantly i didn't do that too well.

Every friday afternoon, a middle-aged lady, Vanesssa, would come in for her half an hour physio treatment. It's as if we just clicked on her first visit; we just keep talking and talking about absolute nonsense. We talk about music, boys, bands, work, study etc etc. I've only seen her once a week for the past two months, but maybe it's women's intuition or something along those lines, she understood me as much as i understood her. She knew i'd been crying, she knew i've been going through a lot even without me saying a word, and she knew i needed cheering up.

Today, she came up to me and said, "i have something to give you, you looked like you needed something to cheer you up last week." She handed me a card and wrapped up present and i opened it:


It was a wild princess vanilla lip polish and a card that read, 'There ARE shortcuts to Happiness, and dancing is one of them!'

I looked into her eyes gratefully and smiled. "That's what i wanted to do," she said, "just put a smile on your face." I could've hugged her, if only we weren't separated by a freakin 1m wide desk and PC.

Something so small yet so meaningful. It made me realise how beautiful human beings can be; how empathetic, how loving, caring and giving we can all be. Vanessa is a total stranger to me, but she read me well.

Nothing is more important than to show the people around you that you care about them and you think about them. I am still struggling to find the words to describe my feelings right now. Perhaps this word may do it: "wow."
posted by sciurine @ 9:29 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Prioroftheori said…

    Ahhh, so I see that YOU see where I'm coming from now right? Haha, such is humanity that it can surprise you when you least expect it, but most need it, as I have said and experienced before. I'm glad you can see what I've seen.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    i always knew how beautiful humans can be, but i've failed to take notice of it recently.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger gneake said…

    wow! such a divine creature...

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger sciurine said…

    See..it pays to be nice to strangers...it's what they call Karma.
    Hehe...perhaps that's something you are yet to learn when you begin your myer voyage :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER