heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Sunday
Blah
Except for my colesmyer christmas application last year, every job i've applied for, i've been selected. A bit cocky hey. At one stage, i actually ended up with 4 jobs: two clinical receptionist positions, maccas and tutoring. It was so crazy and stressful and i certainly didn't intend to get them all at once. You know how you apply for jobs, you tend to give in your pre-made resume to every store hiring at that time? Well that's what i did. So this time, i'm only applying for one job. If i get it i get it, if i don't i don't.

So, i pulled out my dusty resume - not quite dusty coz it's actually saved on computer, but i just like that word - and started manipulating, changing and deleting crap high-school awards that's so out-of-date like badminton champion 2001. I only spent half an hour typing out my new resume and covering letter for this new job - talk about being over-confident and can't be bothered attitude...

Well, to fill you all in, i'm apply for a program seller position for the Australian Open 2007. Sounds cool yeah? hehe..well i'm not quite sure what the job actually involves, but it doesn't sound too degrading or hard. The email i got from the supervisor lady mentioned that it requires confident people who have good communication skills, can yell loudly and can endure terrible unexpected melbourne weather. Doesn't sound like a fancy job anymore does it? I think i'm only going for this job for more distraction over the summer break instead of lying around on my bum and spending money without earning anything, and also simply because it sounds so cool to be working at the Australian Open 2007. Wish me luck.

Had to come up with crap for one of the sections on my resume: personal attributes. I wrote the biggest load of crap like "i'm a confident, committed, motivated young lady etc etc" But from previous experience, I figure the recruitment team would just pick up my resume and burst out into laughter. Well, writing my resume actually made me reflect on myself a little.

Most people say every one takes things for granted and you don't realise what you have until you lose them. I mean, i can't say i don't take things for granted, but most of the time, i realise how lucky i really am. I know how lucky i am to have a comfie home, a loving family, a t.v, a computer, a car and a boyfriend's shoulder to rest my head on. Right this moment in time, i honestly honestly wish for nothing more. Life can be simple if we strive to make it simple.
posted by sciurine @ 8:38 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER