heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
silence
i remember the first few weeks working with Naomi, the general practice receptionist who resides in the chair less than a meter away from me at work. I hated those days. I would dread coming into work simply because of the silent awkwardness between us for the entire 5 and a half hours. Nothing to do and nothing to talk about. In an effort to ease the awkwardness, i often make small conversations - but all i get are one sentence answers, and then the silence returns. After persisting for another month or so, i gave up. Then slowly, i got used to the silence between us, and it was comfortable for us not to talk. I actually grew used to having her company at work. I found it difficult managing a whole week without seeing her at work. Sadly, today i was informed that she will be leaving me in a week's time.

Through my 10 months 'relationship' with naomi, i've learnt something. (For those of you who hate deep and meaningfuls, perhaps you can look away now. Don't say i didn't warn you.)

I've learnt that it actually takes a long period of time to develop a relationship where silence becomes comfortable. Believe it or not, sometimes i enjoy silence. Times when i lie beside someone, with my eyes closed, hands inter-twined, focussing entirely on eachother's breathing. Without saying a word, but be sure that they are there for you no matter what. To know that they are thinking of you while you're thinking of them. To let each other know how much they mean to you, either verbally or through small meaningful gestures. To know that they are appreciative of your company as much as you feel blessed to have them in your life.
posted by sciurine @ 10:01 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER