heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Sunday
girls
Last night was a big night out. Haven't had one of them in a long long long time, so i am hammered by the end of the night/day. Clubbing isn't something that particularly appeals to me, a main reason being that you are constantly inhaling passive smoke in the entire vicinity. I've only been clubbing twice since turning 18, which seems a century ago, and last night was certainly a hell of a night for me. I loved it. Never ever danced so close to anyone before last night. Felt great. Though, i think 4 hours of clubbing is way too much for me to handle - the constant dancing and moving on heels with sweaty people bumping into you can be exhausting. But i guess that's just all part of the clubbing experience. I think i'll stay off clubbing for a good few months now. I'd much prefer a lounge or coffee place where chatting at normal pitch and intensity are permitted.

It generally takes me a good few days to recover from one big night. Though this time, i think i'm gonna take a little longer - perhaps a whole week. Last time i had a late one was probably a couple of mondays ago, at Mraz's concert - it took me 7 days to recover fully, taking two days off work. Well, this time not only requires additional sleeping time to make up for lost sleep, but also physical replenishment for my aching feet and strained back.

I guess there's no one to blame for my post-high-heel syndrome but myself. All girls like dressing up. It's fun. We can take a couple of hours just dressing up for one night out, mix and matching clothes and shoes, straightening the already straight hair and choosing which bag to match the occasion. Boys, now you understand why girls take forever - not even to mention the application-of make-up-time, something a boy will never understand - i hope. Well, i ask myself why. Why do we want to do all that; waste all that time making yourself look good? I really have no answer to that one, but i'm sure that you'll understand if i explain to you i can't get past myself if i just rocked up to an occasion with the most most comfortable clothes ever; which in my case will probably be something along the lines of baggy trackies, rugby top with flip flops. An occasion is not an occasion if there is no pre-occasion dress up fun.
posted by sciurine @ 9:05 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER