heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Thursday
funny...not so funny
I continue to amaze myself with my, well, stupidity. I sometimes ask myself why i commit these pure stupid acts. I absolutely hate myself for doing them, but they just never seem to stop. This morning was no doubt, the worst i've ever done.

For once, i woke up early enough to eat breakfast and shower this morning. I left myself plenty of time to get to the station, but some odd reason, time just seems to run out no matter what. So i ended up parking at the station just as the train slowed to a halt. I had time to run and make it, but in my disorientated moment of hurriedness (if there's such word), i forgot to turn the engine off before taking off and locking the doors. Yes, you read that sentence correctly. I took off with the keys locked in the car and the engine running. I could not believe my eyes when i turned around to peak into the window, wondering why fumes where still coming out of the exhaust. I've only cried twice this whole year, but this certainly could've almost add to the tally.

Still in shock and disbelief at my clumsiness, i shakedly tugged out my mobile and searched frantically for RACV number. This lady picked up on the other end and ask how she may help. My first response, "Hi, I'm really nervous at the moment, I'm at oakleigh station, i've locked my keys in the car (at this point, i heard the lady on the other end of the line let of a small patronising sigh) and my engine's still going." I spoke so quickly in the chilly cold weather, and was ready to repeat it again if she'd asked. But to my amazement, she comprehended every word and said they will arrive in a time frame of 60-90mins.

Trying desperately to keep warm, i strolled up and down beside the rattling engine of my car. After about a 30mins wait, this yellow vehicle drove in my direction. Enormous relief flowed through me. That feeling was better than that of completing all my exams, going on holidays, better than eating a buffet after a 40 hour famine.

This relatively large guy got out of his car and gave me a smile. I swear i could've given him one of my very reserved and special teddy-bear hugs.

I thought that was all the drama i could possibly fit in in a period of 60mins, but there was more. I realised i left my wallet at home. So off i went back home to retrieve my wallet before rushing off to prac class, which i was almost an hour late to.

*sighs*
posted by sciurine @ 8:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER