heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Saturday
constipation
I didn't realise how bad i am at speaking mandarin until last night when i was hired as a physio interpretor for a patient for a whole 15mins. I had to translate questions to and fro the physio and chinese patient regarding hydrotherapy. I'll give you an example: ask her whether she has any digestive tract problems, previous injury, and tell her that she will enter the water via stairs instead of a hoist and the water is chest height and there is a rail for support. *sighs* I struggled, not only because of the difficult translations, but also to breathe under the garlic smell of her breath *urgh*. I think i was speaking cantomandarin if there's such language. Felt like an absolute dickhead.

After studying chinese for a total of 14 years, i would've thought i could speak fluently. That wasn't the case. I could listen and comprehend everything they say, but just can speak it. Verbal constipation they call it.
posted by sciurine @ 11:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER