heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Saturday
very bad mood
I cannot believe paula. This is absolutely ridiculous! Arrgghh..i'm so angry. I've known this girl for 8 years now, and i knew that she's always a late one, but certainly not someone who would bail on a friend. In fact, everyone at school knew that. At Valedictory Night back in year 12, she won the late person award and was presented with a certificate and an alarm clock by the Principal. Okay, that's beside the point.

The reason i'm angry is that she was begging me over the phone last night to come for her house warming party. I really didn't want to go simply because i know her crowd of friends aren't my type. They are all asians who club, smoke and drink all the time. I hate to generalise, but it's the truth. So, i told her that last night and offered to catch up some other time for lunch. But she hit me with the fact that she showed up to my birthday party not knowing anyone, and asked me why i couldn't do that same for her. I have to admit, that was a beautiful strategy used purely to make me feel bad, and it worked. I said yes - (i seem to fall into these traps too often). She offered to come pick me up at 6:30pm.

So i came home from playing tennis with a friend early to get ready. I straightened my hair, got dressed and made myself look presentable and was ready by 6:15pm. Time ticked by as i kept myself occupied by watching Nancy Drew.

7:30 passed. At this moment, i gave her the benefit of the doubt, and questioned whether she said she'll be around at 6:30pm or 7:30pm. So i waited, rather patiently.

8pm. Still nothing. So i messaged her. She calls me back, and with no remorse or apology, she says that the party's going well, and quote "Oh, i broke up with my boyfriend, so i couldn't come pick you up. We'll catch up next week yeah?" I sat in my room, feeling sorry and angry at her at the same time. She had no intention of calling to let me know that she won't be able to pick me up. Simply left me sitting in my room like a silly little girl waiting for something that was never going to come. At this moment, my personality came out and i said "yeah, ok, we'll talk next week." I should've cracked it. But it's just not in my personality to cause conflict; unless it is absolutely necessary. Sometimes i wish i could just develop more of a temper; maybe that's something i'll work on these holidays...

Anyhow, the anger inside me is slowly drifting away...all that's in my mind now, is the daunting task of removing all the stupid liquid eyeliner and mascara off my face. Arrgghh..
posted by sciurine @ 8:10 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER