heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Friday
sleep
I'm surprised i'm still awake after only getting 5 hours worth of sleep. I'm one of those who never seems to get enough sleep no matter what. Give me a pillow and shove me into a comfortable corner, and i will drift off. Last year's exam period, we had 3 exams in a row, and after the third one, i got home and jumped into bed at 6pm and woke up the next morning at 10am. Now, that's 16hours worth of quality sleep. Sometimes i think that i have this bizzarre potential to hibernate.

For those who know me, i am the heaviest, deepest sleeper you could possibly imagine. To give you some idea, i have slept through 6 loud consecutive alarms that's placed right next to my bed, and a false fire alarm that's 2m outside my bedroom door. Sometimes i wonder how i do it, but i guess it's not something to complain about. or is it?

Please don't get the impression that i'm a snorer. Coz i'm not, well, at least i think i'm not. Whilst on the topic of snoring, i cannot help but make a mention to my beloved dad and younger brother, david. I remember one hot night last summer, i was tossing and turning in my bed struggling to get to sleep, as you do. Then out of nowhere, two loud thunder-like noises comes roaring down the hallway, one coming from the right, and the other from the left. They were snoring so out of time that as one of them snorts in, the other breathes out, so there was no period of silence for hours and hours. I eventually managed to doze off by crawling into my doona and covering my head with pillows. Mind you, this was a hot night.

Okay, i have nothing against snorers, except when they keep you awake counting sheeps all night. I say this coz my boyfriend's also a snorer. A light snorer, thankfully. It's amazing how the sound of snoring can keep you awake, but never actually wake you up when you're already asleep. I think i've once told him to let me get to sleep before letting himself doze off. Yeah, okay is quite nasty, but i must say, the past few time i've slept beside him, he's been very pleasant.
posted by sciurine @ 7:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER