heads down bottoms up
 
This new skin brings about a fresh new beginning, a change, reminding us the importance of looking at things from another perspective so that we may learn to understand and accept all that we see for not what they appear to be, but what they truly are.
Thursday
longevity
I have been laughing and giggling so much lately. It's actually quite scary. A couple of days ago, I was standing at a bus stop and heard a middle-aged women's phone go off with the "Merry Christmas" ringtone - finally, someone in this world is more lost and dazed than myself! I was standing there all by myself giggling away under my breath. Strangers around me must've thought i was a weirdo. But as i've been told today, who cares! I can't agree more with this statement. Last night i watched a bit of American Dad and the randomness got me started again...

I figure it's quite easy to get me into a good mood, but it's just as easy getting me out of it. Would you call this moody? Please don't be honest.

I just read this chinese proverb:
A smile will gain you ten more years of life.
If you count how many times i've smiled today, i think i can surely get pass the 100 mark with ease.
Another thing i realised about myself is that i lose apetite when i'm upset but gain it when i'm happy. So, i have been eating a lot. For lunch today, i managed to finish 2 platefuls of pasta, 3 servings of garlic bread, and scoffed down 2 large-sized meat lovers pizzas. I wonder what was going through my little mind when i decided to step up to the pizza-scoffing contest. I felt so bloated after it, but so satisfied.
Back to the proverb: if i smile when i'm happy; and a smile gains me ten more years of life; but i eat heaps when i'm happy; then i become obese; lifespan is cut short because of obesity; then wouldn't that just bring me back to the beginning and prove that proverb wrong?? I wish there's a button that just turns my brain off...
posted by sciurine @ 6:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

ABOUT

Thoughts, ...flowing slowly and gracefully, ...awakening the senses, ...keeping you up in the night, I sometimes wonder why people write. To express? To reflect? To be heard? I write, to free myself from a world of thoughts.

BLOGGERS
LINKS
ARCHIVES
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER